2009-01-28

Day 8 - Chest & Back


I particularly dread this workout each week because of the sheer insanity of what Mr. Tony Horton is asking us to do. On the "up" side though, I definitely feel stronger each time I do it. This workout consists of 12 sets of various forms of push ups and vaired grip chin ups. And when you're done with the first round of 12 sets...you get to do it allllll over again. Thank GOD there's a modification (exercise bands) for people like me who can't perform A chin up, let alone multiple chin ups [insert gun rack quote from Wayne's World here]. The crazy thing about this stupid ass P90X is that I suddenly want to be able to do the unmodified, unassisted chin ups! Never in a million friggin' years did I ever imagine I'd be typing that sentence.

So, this entry is coming to you a few days late. I actually performed this workout on Sunday 1/25 but with all the vehicle drama around here, I haven't had the time to crank this out. Stay tuned to the Shoe Chronicles for that entertaining story! This week has been fairly successful in the nutrition area. I can't particularly recall any terribly horrible meals that I consumed which either means I ate really well or I ate so badly that the effects of post traumatic stress disorder have set in. I'll let you know when I come to a more definitivve conclusion on that. In the meantime, I will say that the aforementioned vehicular drama has sent my exercise schedule into a tailspin that will hopefully bottom out this Sunday at our Super Bowl party. I worked out this past Sunday and will workout on Thursday (tomorrow) before work. So sad that this is the "best" I could manage this week. But as Tony says "Do you best...and forget the rest!"

~J

1 comment:

  1. I particularly dread Yoga X - those first 45 minutes are brutal. You keep trying to get that unassisted pull up and I'll keep striving to touch my toes without bending my knees.

    ReplyDelete