2009-01-21

My P90X Journey Begins


Well, so I thought that I would attempt to complete a 90-day cycle of the extreme wourkout P90X to coincide with the "Biggest Loser" competition that is taking place at work right now. While on one hand I really do want to win the $480 prize, I just don't think I have the kind of motivation and dedication that it will take to beat some of the money grubbing freaks that I work with who are more than willing to empoy unhealthily extreme measures to drop a few pounds. That being said, I have a few other motivations driving me along: 1) I have several trips to the beach (yikes!) planned for the first half of the year; 2) I have a trip to Peru planned for mid-late June and I want to be fit enough to hike the Inca Trail without too much challenge; and 3) it's about damn time I give my husband a baby and at 230lbs, I'm in no shape to do so.

I have always been intrigued by P90X (and the insane infomercial) but could never justify the $160 price tag. I recently had the opportunity to borrow the program from a friend and I jumped in with both feet. My ONLY modification to this plan is the schedule. Since I work two 16-hour days back to back, it's a little difficult to fit in a 60+min workout in on those days, so I do take two 30min walks during my shift. I have been completing the workouts in the prescribed order to stay in line with the concept of "muscle confusion" that Tony Horton swears by.

Here, I will track my journey...my thoughts and feelings...and maybe a picture here and there. My hope is that this blog will create a new sort of accountability that will keep my motivation rolling from day to day. Tomorrow I will have completed my first 7 workouts of this plan and I am not at all ready to give it up. I actually look forward to the workout each day. This could be because each workout is still new to me but I'd like to think otherwise.

~J

No comments:

Post a Comment